About a year ago I decided to make some soup. You know when you live to far away from Panera Bread but you really want some good French Onion Soup? Well, that was me. I decided to try my hand at this French Onion Soup and to say I was pleasantly surprised. My son, Noah, even enjoyed it and even though he couldn’t eat the bread said it was good! As a Mom I am happy anytime he is willing to try something new. Can you relate? Below you will find these easy directions and all you need is a crock pot and some time. It’s a great Monday night dinner after working all day meal with leftovers for work.
- 3 Pounds yellow onions chopped
- Place in skillet with 4 Tsp of unsalted butter and saute until glazed
- Place onions in crock pot
This is a crock pot that I recommend!! Click to see the product.
- 8 cups beef broth (I used Swanson)
- 4 Tsp of unsalted butter
- Salt, pepper, minced Garlic and 2 Tbs Worcestershire
- Cook on low for 8 hours, then dish into oven proof bowls, top with Havarti or Gouda Cheese
- Place in oven 400 for 3 minutes. I served it with Baguette bread
I actually will use some of the soup to make gravy. This soup also freezes very well too.
I would love to hear back from you. Please subscribe to my blog